Sunday, 20 October 2013

The Exterior



The Chosen Photo:



The reason why I've chosen this image was entirely because i have a really bad memory from last year, Christmas. Basically during Christmas last year, it was heavily snowing and almost impossible to walk after the snow started melting and froze into ice. Trying to walk from one side to the other, i slipped so bad and if it wasn't for this window, that i held on... I probably would of slided to the other side of the road.

Having a Memory with this window, i thought why not? Perfect with my project so i decided to go with this image.

 
 
 
Here is my Drawn version of this Photo:

A Rough drawing i did in charcoal.
 



















 I really don't like this 15 minute drawing, however if i was to refine my sketch, i would most certainly add more detail on the lightening and perhaps change the media Ive used. Instead of charcoal i would possibly use ink and Biro together or just a simple pencil study.


After drawing my sketch, the next step was to Focus on a certain section of my final outcome, in order to zoom in and focus on that shown section.
I chose to do a simple one and played around with the other two to see what sout of outcome i would have, here are the results:










My Personal Favourite one, is the one i did last, considering how i've cut it up. I really like the focus as well. This is because, it doesnt look like the orginal photo, yet again you can still realise that its got something to do with bricks and theres a corner in the center of the focus.

If i was to Refine my work i would, neaten up my cutouts and try to make it look more unique as well as make a pattern out of my focus; which would be a brillant idea.




No comments:

Post a Comment